PS About shop portfolio

6.29.2011

Girl Talk: The Teacher

Kelsey and I have only been friends for a short while, but I can tell you that in the few months that we've known each other she has already become one of my very best friends and a huge inspiration to me. She is full of love and life, she is a generous friend and oh so very talented. She has recently begun her journey in the blogging world on Gingham and Lace where she focuses on her sewing adventures. I trust that you will be inspired by what she has to share.

What is your job title?
I am a Theatre teacher, which I have to say, is the best job anyone could have! I have the opportunity every day to influence students lives with theatre, art and culture and also for some of them be the only adult in their lives that cares about them. To me that’s an incredible gift and I love going to work every day!

What do you love about yourself?
I love my ability to see potential. I can look at a dress or a lamp or even a student and see what it can become. I love this way of looking at things because it opens up so many more opportunities; it creates limitless possibilities. When you realize that you don’t have to accept something the way it is currently you suddenly have an opportunity to create something that is uniquely you and exactly what you had envisioned. That’s how you end up with truly unique pieces that people will rave about!


Who is your role model?
Recently I’ve been able to get to know my pastor’s wife more and I have to say that she is such an example of how I want to live my life. She is an amazing wife, mother and woman of God. She has true character, which you don’t always find in our world today and I hope to have a life that is built on biblical truths, and faith as hers is. She’s also super stylish and sings like nobody else I know!

What inspires you?
I get inspired when I’m around others that are creative as well. Creative energy is infectious and all of my friends are insanely talented so it helps me stay inspired and focused on creating art and beautiful things!


What are five words that describe you?
Ambitious, a thinker, loving, imaginative, faithful

What is your biggest insecurity?
My biggest insecurity would definitely have to be my weight, I’ve struggled with feeling beautiful and worthy because of the way that I look but I definitely think I’m making progress. That is one of the reasons that I’ve recently started my blog Gingham & Lace. I thought confronting one of my biggest fears, pictures of myself, everyday would help me see that I am beautiful and creative and worthy of all the things that I want to accomplish in my life.



If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?
I would definitely want to be Sutton Foster. She is one of my biggest Broadway idols. She has an incredible voice, she’s funny and smart and her approach to acting is so thoughtful. I would love to be her for a day and experience getting up at 10:00 am, having breakfast at the corner diner in NYC and heading to the Broadway theatre for makeup and hair. Performing to a sold out audience, signing autographs afterward and knowing that you just inspired some little girls dream for her life and sparked this love of Theatre and culture. That would be amazing!

Blog // Twitter


She's just great! You can visit her blog and get to know her better; she often writes about fashion, sewing diy's and her boyfriend. Fun stuff, I know you'll enjoy! Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday and I can't wait to share with you some very exciting news!! Hop on by later to hear about it^_^




xo.
Melisa

5 comments:

  1. You are soo cute! Going to check out your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... I lied, I can;t check out the blog.. looks like the link isn't working. sad face :( You are still adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fixed! :) Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey, you are gorgeous! Have to go see your blog now.... :)

    ReplyDelete