PS About shop portfolio

7.13.2011

Girl Talk: The Eternal Optimist



Adrienne Holguin is the voice behind Oh Happy Day. She is my sister, and the best one at that. She is constantly encouraging, smiling and a light in my life. I know that you will find her happiness contagious.

What is your job title?
I'm a store manager for ANF. I've been with the company for almost three years, and I LOVE my job. I get to work with great people that make me feel young. Management was a job I never saw myself doing, but it turns out I'm pretty darn good at it.

What do you love about yourself?
I love my optomism. I feel like a little positive thinking can go a long way. When I first moved to Austin I had hardest first three months ever. I had been dumped by my long term mr, had an allergic reaction from something in Austin and got body hives, got in a car accident, found black mold in my bathroom...to make a long story short, I stayed positive through it all, and I stayed in Austin. I became the strong woman I am today and have fallen deeply in love with this city.


Who is your role model?
I would say my mother is my role model. She's such a strong woman who I've always looked up to. She has this unconditional love for everyone that makes her shine inside and out. She's able to carry on conversations with strangers everywhere she goes, and people always seem so wiling and wanting to open up to her. My mom and I can definitely butt heads, but I know she will always be there for me.

What inspires you?
Every time I step outside, no matter what the weather or where I am, I get this overwhelming peace. I would say it's God's creations that inspires me on a daily basis. Nature not only brings a smile on my face, but makes my creativity wheels turn.


What are five words that describe you?
Cheerful, Healthy Hippy, Responsible, Religious

What is your biggest insecurity?
I sometimes get insecure about my body. It's tough being in fashion and working for a company that is very conscience of image. You definitely take note of the beautiful/attractive people that work along side of you. Most of the girls I work with are size 0 or 1. I find myself hiding the fact that I'm a 5 or sometimes 7 in front of them. Luckily, I'm not always insecure about it. Most of the time I feel beautiful inside and out. I know that beauty really does come in all shapes and sizes, and those days I love looking in the mirror and seeing the strong beautiful person I am.


If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?
I know most people answering this question would think of the most elaborate and far fetched person to be for a day. I thought about saying Zoe for her adorable factor, Gaga for her fame, Angelina for her husband, or Natalie (Portman) for her beauty. But if I could be anyone for a day, I would be 7-year-old me--with the knowledge and understanding I know now. I was living the life in those days. No responsibilities, learning new things every day, family and friends all around me, and living in beautiful Brazil. I would give anything to go back to the days when my biggest worries were if I'd get to hang out with my friends and getting to the next boss on super mario with my brother. That's my idea of the good life.

Blog // Twitter


Isn't she just great?? Yes. I love having her in my life; she's just the best! If you enjoyed this interview, I know you'll love her sweet blog too. Go take a peek and say hi! 


xo.
Melisa

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love your pictures and your optimism!

    ReplyDelete