PS About shop portfolio

12.31.2011

Coffee Date >> On Friends



To Drink: Iced Chai

On My Mind: Alright, so how did that whole trust/worry thing go? Did you check back on your piece of paper and see if it worked?? I bet it did! Hope so anyway. 
Today I really want to talk about friends. This holiday season I find myself extremely overwhelmed by the love and support of my family and friends. More than ever I am completely grateful for the new friends in my life. All my life I have had at least two best friends, you know what kind I'm talking about. The kind of friends who you can be completely yourself around, who won't judge you, who will call you out when you're being lame, who you can talk all of your problems out with, the ones who go through life with you and just get you. There are few people in life who you can call these types of friends. That's mostly why I'm writing this. Have you ever lost a friend? Not like through death, but as in drifting apart? I can attest to this and I must admit that while it is a horribly painful phase to go through, I've come to the realization that it's meant to happen. Sometimes people are in our lives for a season and others stay for years and years! Those friends are the ones you should hold on to and treasure, because they truly are rare. I went through about a two year phase of being "friendless." I wasn't a loser, you don't have to feel sorry for me, I had the other kind of friends, the hangout friends, the talk about surface-y stuff friends, the we go to class together so were friends friends... but no real friends. During that time I learned to be okay without friends. Sounds so sad, but honestly it was a time where I was able to grow closer to God, strengthen my relationship with the Mr and learn not to take for granted the friendships God would soon bring into my life. I'm so blessed to have the friends in my life that I do!

Until Next Time: Do you have a friend that you haven't talked to in a while? Reach out to them, maybe they're missing your friendship just as much as you. If you have wonderful friends, tell them they're wonderful! There's nothing like being reminded by your friends that they're grateful you're in their life. If you find yourself being a little lonelier these days, take advantage of this time to be alone with God, to grow and to learn. And if nothing else, you have a friend in me^_^



xo.
Melisa

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous31.12.11

    great post girl! Happy 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE post. Absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete