PS About shop portfolio

12.20.2011

A Hue & Hum Christmas


Let me introduce myself, my husband, and our blog to you.  I'm an artist, Hum's a guitarist.  I met (and fell for) Hum when we were awkward teenagers in high school way back before I knew I wanted to be a hue and before he knew he wanted to be a hum.  We got married a couple years after that, and now that we're grown-ups (well, not really) we create art and music for a living.  I (Hue) am the pen and brush (literally) behind the Hue & Hum blog.  I paint for a living and am an aspiring artist.  Hum plays the electric guitar like nobody's business.  He plays in the band Fictionist who, believe it or not, recently got signed to Atlantic Records!... and yes, we were very excited.  



A couple of months ago Hum and I were playing a christmas carol called, "Were You There On that Christmas Night?", ever heard of it?  It's one of our favorites.  We were working on it for a different project, but we had so much fun we thought, "Heck.  We should record our own christmas album!". And so we did.  

Hum oversaw the production of the album.  He recorded guitars in our tiny bathroom at home, layered effects, and made sure everything sounded extra groovy.  I oversaw the album art and production, and it would be easy to argue that I had a little too much fun.  I felt like I was in 3rd grade again, I built a little diorama-like set up with fabric, cardboard, and ugly little plastic glittery snowflakes.  Here is a music video showing the in-process album artwork with the third track from the album, "Angels We Have Heard on High".  Enjoy.

Our blog is a place where I can document our art and music, talk about the creative process, show off our dog, and post ridiculous things because I like to use and abuse the privilege of being able to publish anything I want to on the world wide web.  We'd love to have you follow along with us, just don't say I didn't warn you.  


Thanks so much for sharing with us Caitlin! You all can pick up Hue & Hum Christmas via Hue's etsy shop. AND quess what!?  Here's a giveaway you can all win! Follow Hue & Hum on facebook for a free christmas download! 


xo.
Melisa

1 comment: