PS About shop portfolio

3.05.2014

B E W E L L :: setting goals


This year has gotten off to a great start! There's been quite a bit of change and life isn't perfect by any means, but we've gotten do to some exciting things and I feel like we're progressing. I decided to write some of our goals on this board we had leftover from our wedding. As the days go by, I think of something I want to add, so I do. It's never too late to set a goal!

H E R  G O A L S  ::  
relearn portuguese - I used to be fluent when we lived in Brazil, but over time I forgot. I've been using the app DuoLingo to freshen up.

take blog to next level - this is kind of broad, but I've actually broken it down into a few more specific goals. I'd like to share them, but I don't want to give any upcoming surprises away! I'll let you know when I meet them!

preach 1st sermon - this is actually the first goal I met! you can read about my experience here.

learn 10 new recipes - I have currently learned 2 new recipes and I can't wait to learn more.

read 5 books - last year I challenged myself to read more and I ended up reading SO much - I loved it! I'm currently reading Carry On, Warrior and Jesus Calling. Do you have any suggestions??


H I S  G O A L S  ::
Ironman - Elisha already has three triathlons on the calendar and will be participating in his first Ironman in Wisconsin, in July! He'll have his first one for the year, next month and has been training ever day. His commitment to these races are so inspiring - I'm so proud of him already. 

Read more - not being much of a reader, this was a goal he knew would be something, he'd have to really work for and he's loving it! He's currently reading  Greater and Ultra Marathon Man.

Read through the bible in a year - he's actually done this before, but wanted to challenge himself to do it again.


O U R  G O A L S  ::
our big goal this year is to get a dog - I would gladly take any dog from anywhere, but there is a particular dog that we both would love to have, and that's a whippet. They're beautiful dogs and have the perfect personality of what we're looking for. We've read that they have two speeds - running at 35mph or cuddling on the couch - which is exactly Elisha and I rolled into one. We've looked at a few breeders in the area, but are still on the hunt for our dream dog. If you happen to know anyone who breeds them, or can offer any further info on the breed, let me know in the comments!



So what are your goals this year? Have you accomplished any big ones yet? I think progress is always so encouraging, even if it's just one step in the right direction. You know, even if you don't meet your goal in the allotted time frame, as long as you didn't just sit around ad do nothing about it, I'd say you're winning! Tell me about your progress!


xo. melisa

1 comment:

  1. I definitely recommend Redeeming love!!!

    ReplyDelete