PS About shop portfolio

6.27.2014

M A K E :: Wall Hanging II

Well I had so much fun making the copper wall hangings that I had to make one more variation! This time I opted for a different shape and color, but I love the result. This project is budget friendly and can be completed by anyone with even the slightest crafting ability. Like, it's real easy y'all.

S U P P L I E S :: hoops (local craft store), yarn, wire, scissors, beads

 
1) Begin by cutting your yarn into 24 inch strands. 


2) Using this technique, attach each of your strands to the hoop.


3) As you continue to add them move them towards the center, so they're nice and compact. They should cover the entire bottom half..


4) Attach your beads to the smaller hoop by using your wire, or any other jewelry finding. I used jump rings to allow them to dangle a bit.

5) Attach the rings together using the remaining gold wire. Wrap the wire around both hoops until it feels secure, and then cut off. Ensure that no wire is poking out, by sliding the excess in between the wire you wrapped.



It's a really simple piece, but I think that's why I love it so much! You can have fun mixing colors or styles of yarn and beads too! As always, if you decide to try this out, leave us a link with a photo - I love seeing what you all come up with! 

Happy Weekend! Mel

*for additional MAKE projects, visit this archive

3 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so well! I feel like it is an easier alternative to weaving, but has the same look! Love it!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete